Monday, February 23, 2009

"Cooking With Friends" Recipe Review #8

Nutty Cracker Delights
Page 166

When I first tasted these crunchy bars at my 50th High School Reunion, I was truly hooked. Margie M-H, my classmate, brought these to that gathering. I sold one Cooking with Friends cookbook when another classmate tasted the bars at that gathering. I have also made variations of them with graham crackers and brown sugar; club crackers with brown sugar, and any nuts you prefer (walnuts, sliced almonds, slivered almonds) also works great. I can't keep them on hand...they just disappear. I've carried these to several gatherings now, and never have any to bring home.

Submitted by Sue

Copies of Cooking With Friends are easy to obtain. Ordering information is in the bar on the right. With Spring just around the corner, now is the time to try new recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment