Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Book Review

I've read two really good books lately. Both are fairly new to the Daingerfield Public Library.

Look Again
Lisa Scottoline

Suppose you adopted a precious little boy. You went through all the legal channels. Two years later, in your mail, you see a Missing Child notice. The missing child's age progression looks like your child.

What would you do?

Scottoline handles the emotional ups and downs of the mother and the silent hell in which she finds herself. Unable to confide in anyone, she tries to handle the problem and the fallout all alone. This page turner was hard for me to put down and walk away from until I had turned the last page and closed the cover.

True Colors
Kristin Hannah

This reminded me of the song Sisters (sung by Marjorie Reynolds and Virginia Dale) in the movie Holiday Inn (1942). (I love old movies, don't you?)

Sisters, sisters
There were never such devoted sisters,
...
Lord help the mister who comes between me and my sister
And Lord help the sister, who comes between me and my man.

This was cute. At times heart-wrenching. Three sisters equal three story lines, but they don't get bogged down. And let us not forget about the old curmudgeon dad and the way each daughter views him.

Both Scottoline and Hannah have several books to their credit. Many, but not all, can be found at the Daingerfield Public Library

No comments:

Post a Comment