Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Book Review

End of summer reading...Three thumbs up!

Silver Girl
by Elin Hilderbrand

I had a long lonely driving trip from home to San Marcos and back for a business seminar. My sister-in-law gave me a 12 hour audio book. Perfect for this round trip of 700 or so miles.

This book covers it all: true friendship, betrayal, theft on a BIG scale, fear, forgiveness, turning the other cheek, walking away.

At first I was a bit 'put-off' because each chapter represented either Connie's or Meredith's viewpoint. But as the story progressed and the blanks were filled in...it started making sense. Lose ends were tied up.

Well written...well performed. Well worth reading...or listening to.

This audio book has been donated to the Daingerfield Public Library



007 - Carte Blanche
by Jeffery Deaver

I saw a new Jeffery Deaver book and picked it up...checked it out...and took it home. Once home, I finally looked at it.

WAIT JUST A COTTON PICKING MINUTE! Who does this Deaver character think he is trying to usurp Ian Fleming (God bless his soul) and start writing 007 novels? Turns out he is fully capable of taking over the reins and continuing the James Bond novels.

He fleshed out James Bond a bit more...a bit more information about his early life and career...continuing his appreciation of a good bottle of wine, fast cars, beautiful women...and danger around every corner.


The Race
by Clive Cussler and Justin Scott

Cussler and Scott have redeemed themselves! I had almost decided that I just did not like the Isaac Bell novels...featured in the early 1900s. This book renewed my faith in the Cussler/Scott writing duo.

Featuring the relatively new world of "aeroplanes," this book had some technical stuff I skimmed over, but was well written and kept my attention throughout.

No comments:

Post a Comment