Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Book Review

Burn
by Nevada Barr


Nevada Barr has done it again. She has woven a tale of intrigue that connects Seattle, Washington and New Orleans, Louisiana in a most vile way.

Barr's description of post-Katrina New Orleans, the sounds, the smells, the people - both good and bad, is so intense that you feel as if you too are standing on Bourbon Street watching the procession as it passes.

The subject matter was hard for me to continue to read. Immersed in the wondering if Anna Pigeon and the person she helps are going to be able to find what they seek, I stayed with the book. There were times I had to set it aside and come back to it after convincing myself that this is a work of fiction. But I also had that niggling in the back of my mind that things like this actually happen in real life.

The Daingerfield Public Library has several of Nevada Barr's books available for library patrons to borrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment